Monday, June 27, 2011

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

Well...{big gulps}I went to talk to the head of the nursing program and he was a total jerk...

Here's how our entire conversation went, which lasted all of 5 minutes.

HIM: So your in the CNA program
ME: yes sir
HIM: Sooo...why are you here to see me?
ME: I was wondering if we could review my prerequisites to make sure I'm on track to apply for your schools LPN program
HIM: Uh..ok I guess, take a seat and show me your transcripts
{at this point I took out my transcript from BYU-Idaho}
HIM: BYU-Idaho?
ME: Yes sir
HIM: Never heard of it...
HIM: well from what I can tell none of this classes will work for any of the prerequisites
ME: oh {stunned silence}
HIM: Here is a list of all of our "NEW" prerequisites they have to be completed before you can apply for the program
ME: oh,ok thanks
HIM: Well,come back and see me when you have those done if your still interested..you may see yourself out

Not only was I totally upset, I was also totally shocked at how unprofessional he was.I walked down the hall to the bathroom and locked myself in a stall thinking I might cried but I guess I was just too shocked and nothing came out...so I called my mom. I'm ok and I've started to look into different programs in the area. I've found one that is closer to where I live and they have a lot less prerequisites. Bates "NEW" prerequisites list includes; microbiology, a statistics math class, inorganic and organic chemistry, and psychology 200 not to mention anatomy physiology classes with a lab but also several English classes.

I know that what's meant to be will find a way and that something will work out. The Lord has a plan for me,I just need to figure it out and try again...

No comments:

Post a Comment